Fay Nicolson and Oliver Smith are artists that occasionally work together. Their collaborative projects have explored archives, libraries, books, networks and strategies of display; frequently in response to specific sites, invitations, or curatorial briefs. Operating in galleries and platforms of mass distribution previous works have taken the form of: publications; limited edition prints; installations; display systems; web based projects; proposals; and radio broadcasts.
- Verlan, exhibition and publication, Twelve Around One, London, UK
- The Anti Library, SPACE, London, UK
- Past Present Future Space-Time, Wysing Arts Centre, Cambridge, UK
- Constitution of the Damned, Landings, Vestfossen, Norway
- Open Books, Royal College of Art, London, UK
- Gossip, Scandal and Good Manners: The Works of Ulises Carrión, The Showroom, London, UK
- Bolton Street, temporary art space curated by Lucy Chadwick, London, UK
- Display, Tim Pritchard Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, UK
- MMX, Royal College of Art, London, UK
Press & Publications
- The limited edition publication Expansion and Collapse is distributed in the UK, Europe and New Zealand by A Estante and Birch.
- Review of Constitution of the Damned, at Landings, Norway in Mousse Blog 02.09.11